Monday, March 19, 2007

I'm stunned.


It's 7 in the morning and I'm sitting here listening to the baby monitor. Nothing. Not a peep. He's asleep. He's been asleep for eight hours. I got him out of the crib after seven hours to feed him. He went right back down. Maybe it's the white noise machine that I found at the thrift shop this weekend (for $2.95 and it has ten different sounds). Maybe it's because I carried him around in the sling while he was asleep last night. Maybe it was because I picked him up and comforted him immediately when he started shrieking last night. And maybe the reason will never be clear. I could repeat the same things tonight and he could be up every three hours.

I'm actually anxious for him to wake up because I am driving up to Maryland today. I wanted to get an early start. I woke up around 5:30 so I could hang out with Jim before we left and finish packing my bag. I should have stayed asleep.

No comments: