Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Am I hallucinating?

Here's my philosophy: If Dan does something once, it's a fluke. If it happens twice in a row, I'm probably hallucinating. If it happens three times, it becomes something I can somewhat, sort of, kind of rely on. Maybe.

So, tonight, for the second night in a row, he's gone down to sleep after fussing for a few minutes. We haven't had to go up and comfort him.

In other Dan-related news, he has learned how to blow spit bubbles and make the spit noise. He practices this pretty often. Tonight, he practiced when I was feeding him peas and carrots. I got splattered in the face. He's got a pretty good aim and range.

Also, he's starting to show a preference for certain foods. He loves bananas, applesauce, yogurt, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, carrots and avocado. He hated oatmeal, he actually spit it out and yelled at us when we tried it. Rice cereal, peas and peas with carrots are also not favorites. He stuck his tongue out, full of peas and carrots, and looked at us as if to say "Why are you doing this to me?" I had to trick him into eating by dipping the peas/carrots into applesauce.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard something to that effect:

If a guy calls you a horse, you call him a jerk.
If another guy calls you a horse, you sock him in the nose.
If a third guy calls you a horse... It might be time to buy a saddle.

(no correlation between anybody and the horse reference, just a third time confirms sorta thing that made me smile.)