Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Finally, a schedule ... sort of

New photo album on the Meehan Photoblog.

Danny is three months old this week and we've finally established a bit of a schedule. There are always some variations, of course. But my sanity is starting to return as he gets a little more predictable.

We wake up between 7:30 and 8:00. He's so happy to be awake. We have a little chat, he kicks his legs furiously and then he has his morning poop. I change him and put him in his crib where he has a conversation with the monkeys on his mobile. I go fix my breakfast, get the newspaper and take it up to his room. I read the paper and eat my breakfast while he plays in his crib.

Then between 9:00 and 10:00, he puts himself down for a nap. I'm very proud of him for learning this skill. It's important for him to learn how to go to sleep on his own. In fact, last night, I put him in his crib awake at 10:30 and he fussed a bit before falling asleep until 1:30. I nursed him, put him back in his crib and he slept until 3:30 a.m. One night, he slept for two hours, fussed for about 3 minutes and drifted back to sleep for two more hours. This is progress!

Back to our day ... at 10:00 it's time for Sesame Street. He really loves it. It entertains him for at least a half hour. Then we nurse and I get to watch my favorite show (Scrubs on Comedy Central). After that, it's kind of a crap shoot. We don't really have an afternoon schedule. Sometimes, we take a nap together or as I like to call it, a nurp. He basically nurses and naps for up to two hours.

By the time Jim gets home, Danny is kind of tired of me and ready for Daddy time.

No comments: