Thursday, December 14, 2006

The diaper-changing song

I decided a long time ago that I wouldn't be one of those moms who rode around in a minivan with Sesame Street songs or a nursery rhyme CD on a continuous loop. My child would listen to the music that my husband and I loved. Every time I heard "The Wheels on the Bus" or "Pop Goes the Wiesel" I would cringe and twitch. I couldn't stand the idea of having those songs playing over and over and over again in my college-educated brain.

We discovered last week that the little munchkin likes to hear John Denver's "Rocky Mountain High" when he's having his diaper changed. He's fond of the rest of the CD, too. It turns out that you can go just as bat-shit insane with John Denver songs playing in your head ... constantly. This week, we've moved on to Johnny Cash and he seems to like "I Walk the Line." Gosh, I hope I don't get sick of the Man in Black. That would be a damn shame.

And here's the obligatory picture of the already overphotographed first born:


What are you looking at, Uncle Tim?

No comments: