Monday, April 27, 2009

The best and worst

I didn't really feel unemployed until this weekend, when I would normally be working. In a lot of ways, I feel like a kid who has just learned what goes on after he goes to bed at night. It's a whole new world. There are perks and pitfalls. Here are a few:
  • I can actually go to bed before midnight.
  • I no longer have to get dinner ready by 3 in the afternoon.
  • I can actually go to (free) events on weekends.
  • I can have dinner with friends in the evening like we did Saturday.
  • I don't have to go to work exhausted. (I can stay home to do that!)
  • I can do nothing and not have to stop and go to work.
  • I can spend the entire weekend with my family.
My worst fears, though, are that by being a stay-at-home mom for while I may forget to take a shower or brush my teeth and that my husband might start to think I'm June Cleaver and he's Ward. Of course, the lack of personal hygiene and high heels may tip him off.

No comments: