Friday, July 18, 2008

The week so far ...

It's been a few days since my last post, so here are the highlights:
  • Dan's new words: (at least the ones I can decipher) boat, nose, sock. He said boat after we went to the lake on Monday and saw sailboats. Two days later, while he and Jim were in the swimming pool on our back porch, he climbed on Jim's back and said "boat." It's interesting that he gets the concept of a boat being something that can float on the water and decided that being on top of daddy's back was like being on a boat. As for "sock," I have no idea how he came up with that one. He hasn't worn socks since April, maybe late March. No need down here in the Carolinas. Tonight in the tub, as he and I were going over body parts, he said nose. He can also say feet, toes, teeth and penis (I'm just so proud of that last one!).

  • Is this kid deaf???? I'm sure this won't be the last time I utter that phrase. Dan is so intent on whatever he's doing it renders him oblivious. Of course, when I do get his attention and he knows I need him to come or change directions, he runs away - which prompts a nice little Vulcan squeeze on the shoulder that he hates.
So that's the latest. The pregnancy is going well so far. I have an appointment with my midwife tomorrow and we should be able to hear the heartbeat. I'm still getting sick in the morning and Dan still finds mommy's funny gagging sounds hilarious.

No comments: