Friday, June 20, 2008

Finally ...

I just went out to the garden to see what was ripe enough for dinner. A nice pepper caught my eye. Peppers are one of those vegetables that bite me in the bum every year, I swear I'll never cultivate them again, and the next spring they're on my planting list. You know how peppers from the store have that nice, thick, crisp wall? Well, I've never grown a pepper that has that and most gardeners I know have a hard time achieving this. Today, I picked a pepper with a thick wall. It's taken me four years of planting peppers to get a one with a thick-wall.

For lack of a better expression, "Woohoo!" I'm very excited. And, no, I'm not going to share my peppers, I'm going to enjoy my peppers with my family. So there.

Oh, and by the way, Danny has a little girlfriend at church. She calls him "D" and they chatter to each other and play together and wave goodbye when it's time to go. When I ask him, "Who's Isabella?" He usually grins. It is sooooooo cute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uh Oh! I better not let Louis know this information because he has a crush on Isabella too! He calls her "Bella" and kisses her goodbye when he leaves church playgroup! So funny!
love,
marisa