Monday, August 17, 2015

Top 5 reasons I am an a$$hole

According to my children, I am an asshole. And here is why:

1. I wouldn't take them to the skate park on a 90+ degree day. They spent 30 minutes there the night before with their friends so naturally they felt entitled to go again the next day. I was informed by my 8 year old that there's no such thing as "No" and that no means yes.
2. I took them to the pool for 40 minutes after dinner. Only 40 minutes. On a school night. They even got to play with friends from school. I'm so mean.
3. I didn't bring any snacks. Clearly, they could have starved to death.
4. I had nothing but watermelon with whipped cream and a cherry for dessert.  Apparently, I am supposed to have a buffet of baked and frozen treats.
5. I let them play on the playground at the pool for 15 minutes. Just 15 minutes. On a school night, no less. The nerve of me.

Ah well. I shall do better tomorrow. 

No comments: