Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wednesday quick hits

Tuesday morning, I woke up at 5:30 with the baby. I had a headache. I was angry that the baby wouldn't go back to sleep and we had to go to the strawberry patch with Danny's preschool that morning.

Coffee just wasn't changing my attitude, so I turned on my Christian music station on Pandora and heard one of my favorite hymns:  


No guilt in life, no fear in death, this is the power of Christ in me.
From life's first cry to final breath, Jesus commands my destiny.


(Yes, I realize that I put reliance on caffeine ahead of reliance on God. It happens.)


AH. I felt an enormous sense of relief. If I have no fear in death, then surely I should have no fear in taking three children to the strawberry patch on very little sleep and with a raging headache (probably from the half a bag of Skittles I ate the night before). Twenty minutes later, the baby went down for a short snoozer. Oh, yeah, God's got this.

*** 
Of course, the strawberry patch was not without its challenges. We left early because someone was disobedient and decided to run up and down the strawberry rows instead of staying with mommy. Oh, well. No day is perfect.

*** 
By the way, you will never see me wearing lipstick and leg and butt toning sneakers on a preschool field trip to the strawberry patch.
*** 
 I've found that I have the same mentality about an open box of Reese's pieces as I once did with an open bottle of wine: Might as well finish it off now that it's open.

***
I often wonder just how much of my life has been spent standing in the kitchen trying to twist lids on kids' sippy cups. Actually, I've spent way too much time in the maintenance and care of sippy cups in the past four years. I hate sippy cups. Deeply.

That is all.

No comments: