Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Wednesday quick hits

My husband washed a clean basket of my unfolded laundry last week. I fold everyone's laundry yet dress myself from a pile of wrinkled clothes all week. Meanwhile, my kids crumple their clothes while rummaging through the drawers. Maybe I should just fold my clothes instead.
***
Incidentally, the husband has also washed the same pile of clothes that are supposed to go to the thrift shop at least twice already.

***
I've always had trouble with left and right. I frequently hold my hands up to see the "L" of my forefinger and thumb just to be sure (and then panic as I forget for a split second what a capital L looks like). So, it's always a little nerve wracking to discuss left and right with Danny. One morning during such a discussion, however, I noticed that my left hand is the one with my wedding rings. OH! I've been married for 8 years now.
***
If I can renew and put books on hold online, why can't I pay library fines online? I would like to avoid the walk of shame and the thinly disguised look of disgust from the librarians. I currently have more than $10 in fines for the second month in a row.
***
The other night I went to make shish kabobs but couldn't find any skewers. We used to have a bundle of them in the silverware drawer. I  borrowed some from our neighbors. Later that night, ,I discovered about 10 of them above various doors in the house. They've been used for emergency keys for when the kids lock us out.
***
By the way, while looking for skewers, I discovered that there really is nothing my husband won't screw down. He had screwed the silverware trays to the drawer. (I blame myself ... I bought him a drill for his birthday a few years ago.)

That is all.

No comments: