Thursday, December 20, 2007

On a roll

Dan finally discovered toilet paper. Babbling once preceded his new discoveries, but, alas, not this one. We've found him silently unraveling toilet paper on several occasions. I had thought just putting the roll on backwards would help. It always worked on the cats, why wouldn't it work on him? Well, he's apparently smarter than the cat. At first, he unrolled about a fourth of the TP before we could get to him. Then, Dan managed to steadily deplete the roll throughout the evening. Ack!! Wasted toilet paper. Well, I guess it's not that big deal ... we do shop at Sam's Club (36 rolls for $15). But, it's the principle of it! We gathered up the piles and perched it on the towel bar above the toilet.

I wondered aloud if there was maybe some contraption that could keep him from unraveling the paper. Jimmy knocked on the bathroom door and said, "Uh, it's called a door."

Well, we can't shut all of the doors all of the time. But two of the three bathroom doors do stay shut (and, thankfully, he can't yet reach doorknobs). The third is to the guest bathroom where Danny takes his bath. It's basically his bathroom, so I can't very well keep the door shut. So now, I have to find a way to keep him from unraveling the toilet paper.

Meanwhile, as I drew Dan's bath, he was running around naked upstairs. Next thing I know, he's peeing on the bathroom floor. Good thing I had a pile of toilet paper at the ready!

No comments: