Friday, September 18, 2015

Top 5 Google searches of the week

I was going to publish a new Overheard column here, but my kids are not very amusing these days. So instead here is a list of a few of my actual Google searches from the past two weeks. You can tell a lot about how things are going in my house by viewing my browsing history, no?

1. Coprolalia - This is the involuntary swearing or the involuntary utterance of obscene words or socially inappropriate and derogatory remarks. I won't go into details on why I searched this particular word, but I will say that we had our first teacher conference of the year.
2.  How to tie shoes - I found this little gem and in one weekend my two eldest children finally learned to tie their shows. You're welcome. 
3. Kondoing with kids - I started listening to The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo. I began envisioning spaces the spoke to me and began asking myself "Does this spark joy?" Then I remembered that I have kids. And if you look in their backpacks, under their beds, and in their rooms, it appears that everything they've ever laid eyes on sparks joy for them. I realize that I can't decide what sparks joy for my children or my spouse, but I do want my children to learn the lesson of how to judge value in items that we keep.
4. Outlander - With a beach vacation on the horizon, I decided to dig in to this Diana Gabaldon series. Yes, I am going there. Finally. Dammit, sister. There goes my free time and my uber cool reputation. (Joking, of course!)
5. Residential elementary schools -It's been rough over here with the 8 year old. And if anyone's curious, Louisiana, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island have boarding schools that take 3rd graders.


No comments: