Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Thrust into the Dark Ages

I've had a scary day.

My computer crapped out and left me without Internet all day long. Then I went to make bread in my breadmaker and that crapped out on me, too. I managed to actually make two loaves of bread from scratch this afternoon, but restoring the computer and the Internet took considerably more effort, gnashing of teeth, several cursing fits and a few broken pencils. My poor husband finally fled the family room to get away from the very angry pregnant woman. And apparently, the baby doesn't like it when I'm angry, either. He's been elbowing me for about a half hour.

All in all, I've decided that making bread from scratch is much more relaxing that trying to restore my connection to the outside world. Something about kneading and punching the dough is very satisfying.

No comments: